Children's Allergy Clinic
A comprehensive service is provided for both general paediatrics as well as the diagnosis and management of allergies. These include:
- Allergic Rhinitis (hayfever)
- Urticaria (hives)
- Food Allergies
- Recurrent upper and lower airway infections
Diagnostic testing includes:
- Skin prick testing for the diagnosis of food and inhalant allergies (Note: Antihistamines should be stopped 3 days prior to testing).
- Oral food challenges in patients with known or suspected food allergies.
- Lung function tests for diagnosis and assessing control of asthma.
- Immunotherapy for desensitisation to specific allergens causing allergic disease.
There has been a dramatic rise in paediatric allergies in recent years with a shortage of referral centres to adequately manage these patients. As a specialist paediatrician, it is Dr Naidoo's passion for allergies that drives this clinic. She aims to provide a compassionate and detailed approach in diagnosing and managing children of all ages with allergic disease.